Allied Pharma Ltd is a small and growing company based in Somerset. We are a UK company repersenting some of the worlds leading manufacturers of processing and packaging machinery in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food and other industries.
Main Purpose of the Role
To provide service engineering, maintenance, customer and training support for customers who operate machines and equipment provided by the company in its sales territory of the UK & Ireland. To develop a customer support relationship with existing customers, thereby improving market reputation and maximising future business oppurtunities. To increase spares support business through active engagement with the exisiting cusomter base.
- Plan, manage and carry out service engineering, maintenance support, breakdown support and spare support business for exisiting customers.
- Establish and maintain a routine programme of customer support/service engineer visits to current customers to service and maintain installed equipment.
- Establish customer support point of contact with all customers and develop good working customer support relationships, becoming the default point of contact for service support, equipment operating problems, machinery breakdowns and customer support request.
- Develop, sell and manage service and maintenance contracts to all current customers for routine servicing and maintenance support and breakdown support.
- Develop and maintain inavative customer support records for current customers to provide them with a coherate service record for existing machines
- Establish and agree with the scope of spares packages for routine servicing and scale of spares and tools required to enable a level of in the field independance of operation and problem solving.
- Develop and maintain strong technical relationships with the equipment manufacturers.
- Develop, manage and maintain the company customer support database, routine servicing spares kit, servicing enginering support records.
- Provide a service enginering report on completion of each visit
- Provide routine feedback and analysis to the equipment manufacturers on service engineering issues, equipment problems and customer support issues
- Provide routine feedback to equipment manufactures of potential equiptment modifications to improve product performance.
- A service engineering electro-mechanical backrgound is a pre-requisite for this role. Ideally, experience in the packaging industry.
- A highly self motivated person is required as this role will need someone who can operate independently, develop customer support/service engineer opputunities, arrange visits and organise for themselves a program of service engineering support visits with minimum of supervision and support - you need to be a real self starter.
- A problem solver - to have the ability to analyese the situation. Identify the problems and provide service engineering/ custommer support solutions.
- The ability to build a good working relationship based on the customers confidence in your professional capability with our cusotmers and become the default point of contact for the customers service engineering issues.
- A good communicator with the ability to record and report issues identified during visits and provide constructive feedback to the equipment manufacturers,
- Instruction and training skills to provide the customers with equipment and production process training to improve equipment output.